Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Days till Christmas

Seems like every where I turn I get bombarded with the "you only have 'this many days' left to shop before Christmas is here." 

I sign on to eBay to check out things and there it is in bright red at the top of the page.  If you didn't know, as of right now, you have 25 shopping days left.

I guess I am feeling a bit overwhelmed.  With the economy tanked for a lot of people, there (as far as I can tell) are alot of people that are feeling overwhelmed.  I was just reading on a forum about how people are basing their worth on the buying of Christmas presents for family and friends.  I use to think the same way, and there are some days I actually still feel it and I start to feel bad that I can't go out and spend hundreds of dollars on people, but we must remember that Christmas isn't just about presents.  It really shouldn't have anything to do with presents at all.

The holidays are about family and friends and spending time together. 

The holidays are about sitting around a table and sharing a meal with old friends and new.

The holidays are about spending time with your family, remembering the loved ones that are no longer with you, sharing some laughs and possibly sharing some tears.

Sometimes it is hard to remember that.

Oh and in case you forgot, all the retailers really want you to know that you have 25 shopping days till Christmas. 

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm getting tired of all the reminders too!

buzzd said...

I agree. There is too much pressure to buy lots of gifts or the perfect gift. That is not what Christmas is about. Just enjoy your family and friends and try not to stress too much!