Thursday, December 16, 2010

Really people?

I have tried not to have a rant post in my blog.  But, since this is on my mind, I just have to talk about it.  Even if it is for just a paragraph or two.

On the way home today from running errands, I hear on the radio that a group of individuals (parents?!?) are in the process of suing McDonalds because, according to them, "the toys are deceptive advertising and it is making their kids unhealthy." I believe I had heard a similar claim over the summer about a group wanting to sue fast-food places for this reason.

My opinion? Hello, people.  They are your kids.  Tell them NO!  Stop taking them to McDonalds, BK, or where ever else you are taking them.  Cripes, who is the parent/guardian and who is the kid? What are you afraid of?? A tempter tantrum? Big deal, get used to it, their tantrums get worse as they get older. 

I'm sorry but it isn't McDonalds fault that you can't tell your kids no. 

If they are unhealthy, then get them into organized sports, get them outside running and playing and away from zoning in front of the TV or video game for hours on end because you don't want to take them to the park or anywhere else.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming. :-)

2 comments:

Julie said...

I couldn't have said it better-I agree with you 110 % :)
Happy Holidays
aunteegem@yahoo.com

carolpie said...

Yup, you said it!