Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pine Bros. Softish Throat Drops Product Reivew


Sometimes the right product review comes along just as you need it to.

Case in point.  In the past couple of weeks I've been under the weather, to say the least.  Extremely sore throat (just like swallowing razor blades), scratchy, tickling, aching and coughing.  The list could go on and on.  Needless to say, I felt like I had been hit by a truck and backed over a second time.

Just as I was starting to feel really bad in the mail arrives a box from Pine Bros.  I knew this box was coming for a product review, but I didn't expect all that arrived.  Bags and bags and bags of Softish Throat Drops both Natural Honey flavored and Wild Cherry flavored.


I received both flavors in the bags and also one each of the carry along little puck. 

Let me tell you a little bit about Pine Bros (borrowed from the site).

Ulysses S. Grant was President, the population of America hovered at 39 million, and the telephone was still a pipe dream, when in 1870 J. Herman Pine hung out a confectionery shingle on 8th Street above Walnut in Philadelphia and, along with his brother, sold their first batch of what they called 'Pine Brothers Glycerine Tablets.' In an attempt to relieve his own sore throat and those of his family members, Mr. Pine, a former German confectionery maker, determined that by combining the soothing natural qualities of glycerin with the healing properties of gum acacia, he could sooth and mitigate the mild discomfort of a sore throat. Add in some natural flavoring and a sweetener and voila, Pine Brothers Softish Throat Drops were born.
That was 140 years ago and per the website, the recipe for these haven't changed.  But, the company had been sold numerous times and owners included Life Savers amongst others.  Now Pine Bros is owned by Victoria Knight-McDowell, who was the creator of Airborne, for her 3 Sisters Home Products Company.  They have done their research to find the original recipe for the product and are coming up new ways to promote including updating the packaging.

The most wonderful news of all that would make Mr. Pine one proud inventor, as of the fall of 2011, Pine Bros Softish Throat Drop are now made entirely in the USA and are available nationally.

As for my review.  I have to say that I enjoyed both flavors.  The flavors weren't overbearing and actually the Natural Honey probably could have been a little more stronger with the honey taste (according to my husband and father who tried the product as well), me I thought it was just right.  The Natural Honey also did the most for my throat.  It helped with the scratchiness and the itchiness that I was going through.  They really did sooth it for me. Though I was going through a lot of them.  It tells you on the packaging not to chew them, but I had a hard time not wanting to, I think that is the soft texture of them.  It makes you want to chew.  But you have to remember, these aren't candy. 

Oh, and they work. At least for me.  My throat is feeling better now.

I would recommend you give Pine Bros. Softish Throat Drops a try. They are available nationally at the CVS Pharmacies for $3.49 a bag (32 drops).  You should also check them out on facebook and twitter.  They have giveaways going on throughout the year and I know that you want to get in on them. Go ahead and swing on over and tell them that Lollipops n' Ladybugs sent ya!!

As for me, I now have enough Pine Bros. Softish Throat Drops to last me for a little while in case the sore throat/cold/flu hits again.

I want to take this opportunity to thank Pine Bros. for allowing me to do a review of their product.

Disclaimer: I received no compensation for this post, but I did receive said products so that I could administer a proper product review.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments: