Monday, August 19, 2013

Anti Allergen Laundry Detergent Product Review



I have a secret . . .

Okay, it isn't a big, hide from the officials secret, but a secret anyway.  

I have sensitive skin. Really sensitive skin (and sadly, I passed this on to my little one). 

If I get into something that I am not suppose to, I will itch and itch and itch.  I have something going on right now (been going on for months) that is making me itch.  Mainly at night, but I can spend quite a while itching before I fall asleep which causes welts and little pimple like bumps to break out at the spots I've been itching.  All it takes is for me to scratch one spot and pretty soon I am scratching all over. 

I'm one of those individuals who can't be in the sun because I will burn.  Then I will burn on top of that and then again.  No tanning here.

So having sensitive skin has been a lifetime issue for me.  I've gotten use to it.  I'm careful with products that I use, whether it is cleaning products, beauty products or laundry detergent.  

I have used laundry detergent before that claimed they were for sensitive skin to only put something clean on and start itching shortly afterwards.  Took me a long time to find one that I could use that wouldn't cause me to be uncomfortable, or want to tear off my clothes in public, lol.  Okay, not really, but you get my drift on what I'm saying.

So this leads me to my latest product review.  I was excited when I got the opportunity to do a product review for Anti Allergen Laundry Detergent from The Ecology Works.




Description of the product:
. . . . . .hypoallergenic laundry detergent with no dyes and no perfumes, all natural ingredients designed to eliminate all allergens from you clothes. From dust mites to pollen as well as mold and other allergens found in the environment.
Yay! No dyes and no perfumes.  Major plus!! All natural ingredients, plus + .  This product claims to eliminate all those allergens that are found both inside and outside of your home.  You really have to love that.  I can only imagine what I pick up, or what the little one picks up in her clothes when we are out and about.  Or even here.  We have pets and yes, we get some dust balls under the couch, who knows what lives in those.  

So, I was really looking forward to trying out this product and also see if after washing some clothes with it, and then wearing, would I start to itch and have to re-launder my clothes in our normal detergent.

I am happy to report that, no, I did not have to re-do our laundry again.  Truthfully, I was more worried about the itching than I was about the dust mites or other allergens in and outside of the home.  I would guess that it would be really hard to tell if the product got the dust mites or mold or anything like that which happened to be in a clothing article out unless you put the item under the microscope both before and after you did the wash.

I do have to tell you that the laundry detergent really cleaned our clothes. I always worry that products that I use with all natural ingredients won't clean as well as some of the other products. The product is clear with no strong fragrance,  just the aroma of "clean." I used what the directions called for.  Even on my hubby's work stained clothes, the product worked just as good, if not better in spots than what we use now.  I have to admit though that I was a little nervous (he gets really dirty), so I used what was called for and then a little more.  Just to be safe.  This product is also safe for cold water, which is pretty much what I was all our clothes in.

I also plan on checking out some of their other products to use in our home and on our pets. If you go to their site, you can see that they have everything from laundry detergent to dust mite and flea control.  I am always on the look out for products that clean, but do it without incorporating harsh chemicals into the making of the products.  A product that doesn't leave a hospital type aroma to it, you know that "sterile" fragrance that you smell when you enter a hospital.  Yes, it says "hey, we are clean . . ." but I would like to have that clean without that fragrance in my home.

Do you want to check them out?  Again, their site is:  The Ecology Works.  You can also find them on facebook under Ecology Works or on twitter Ecology Works.  

P.S. I also want to add that they have a rocking customer service.  The package that they sent me got lost.  It was showing a delivery day from the delivery company of a certain day and that day came and went and the next few did as well, with no package in site.  So I contacted them and they were able to check in to it for me.  Not sure if the package was just taking the scenic route or pony express here, but it was here within a couple of days after I let them know what was going on.  

That is great customer service, and I appreciated the time they took to look in to it for me.

I would like to take this time to thank Ecology Works for allowing our blog to do a product review for the Anti Allergen Laundry Detergent.  

Disclaimer: I received no monetary compensation for this post.  However, we did receive a product free of charge so that we could do a proper product review. All words, except for quoted text, are my own and have not been influenced by any outside source.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

1 comment:

buzzd said...

Thanks for the review. I have allergies to some detergents so this is great to know