Monday, March 15, 2010

Brrrrrrrrrr & the terrible 2's.

Wow!! We have had some 50+ degree days recently, and then today arrived. Is winter coming back?? It is cold and bitter. Just waiting for the snow to fall, lol. Okay, it probably isn't going to snow, but it feels more like a fall day then a soon to be spring day.


Aren't the terrible 2's just a rumor that our parents told us about; to scare us when we had kids? Sort of like the "I hope that when you have kids, you have one just like you," that we use to hear? I can not believe how bad that Em has kicked this phase into gear. She is asserting her independence and her stubborness and along with those come the temper tantrums. She has gotten pretty good at these. We are talking "stop, drop, and rolling" on the floor. She actually throws herself to the floor and kicks and screams. She has not pulled this out in public yet, her major meltdowns have been here in the home. So, when she does this I get up and walk away from her and just use the ignore tactic.

When I do this, she follows me and then drops to the floor in front of me and starts again.

I say again ~ aren't the terrible 2's just a rumor that our parents told us about; to scare us when we had kids. :-)

No comments: