Friday, March 12, 2010

Ghostly Noises


So, the little one and I had to run into town a bit ago for our weekly pet food trip and when we got back, I fed her some lunch, let her watch The Wiggles, got her changed and put down for a nap.

I'm sitting comfortably in the recliner and I keep hearing these weird noises. My one male older cat, who never comes out of the bedroom unless the little one is in her crib is even hearing the noise. He would eat, hear some rustling, turn his head towards it, then look at me with a "what the heck is that noise mom?"

I turn down the tv, the noise stops.

Noise starts again. Big old male cat decides he has head enough and is heading back towards the bedroom. Afterall, he is pretty sure that it is the little one and she is going to bum rush him and corner him in the kitchen.

I get up, check the back room. Noise stops.

Sit back down, noise starts back up again.

Then it is like a lightbulb has gone off in my head. Hello!!!! We do have 2 cats, the other being a rescue kitten. I hadn't seen him since before we left to run to town, and he wasn't out here when I was feeding the little one her lunch, and that is always a gimmee.

So the mission starts for the search for Sid. I call him, no meowing. Hmmm.

More rustling, then a faint meow.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, somehow he managed to get himself locked in the master bathroom which is very seldom used. Not sure how that happened. He was out here after hubby left, I'm sure of that. Little one can't open doors yet. So, he must have somehow climbed up onto the cabinet and pole vaulted himself over the door and got in.

Needless to say, he was very loving when he got released and is now relaxing on the bags of pet food that I picked up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First of all the Wiggles ROCK!

Our cat Sam loves to hide and get locked up. He can open closet doors and I always then close them, unaware!