Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I wonder if the person who said

"potty training is easy," ever had any kids to potty train?? This has turned into a struggle. I know that she will start using it when she is comfortable with it. We don't force her to sit on the potty. Right now we are just trying to catch her when she gets that look in her eyes like she has to go. Sometimes we are successful, but most times we are not.

I hear every now and again, "she is almost 2 why isn't she potty trained yet?" Well, because she is almost 2. We try. When she gets up in the morning she sits on her potty, when she gets up from a nap she sits on her potty, and then when we think she has to go she sits on her potty.

I guess right now she just has more important issues to do and learning how to use the potty is down on her list. But, we will keep at it, because really, there isn't anything else we can do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I started with my 2 yr old in January. She went on th epotty for 7 days in a row - no wet diapers. Ikid you not.

Then she didn't "feeel like it anyyyymoooore"

Uh oh.

SHe hasn't felt like it since and we are trying a new approach.

Traci said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I'm happy I came over here to check out your bloggy home! :)

Oh, potty training...don't get me started. My youngest is 3 and she is still not PT'd. Our doctor scolded me at her 3 year appointment - 'why isn't she potty trained yet?' Well, because she just turned 3 and is showing no interest in it.

It will happen when they are ready for it :) (trust me - my oldest was 3 1/2 before she was ready)

good luck!