Friday, March 19, 2010
It is FRIDAY!!!
So it is time for FEEL GOOD FRIDAY!
Even though the week has been a "trying" one, there are things that happen that just make you smile or laugh out loud. Sometimes they make you forget what has gotten you so upset, and other times they just give you a reprieve before you have to jump right back in feet first to get the issue settled.
So, what has made me smile, smirk, giggle, or have a complete belly laugh this week?!?
1. Of course, my little Em is number one of the list. She just has a way to make me laugh when a good laugh is needed. Her latest thing is singing along with something that catches her ear on television. Yesterday it was Sesame Street and they were counting/singing the numbers and she was singing along. She had the tune correct, but obviously her numbers were shaky. There seemed to be a lot of eighteens in the mix, but that is okay, she is learning new things everyday.
2. Who said cats land on their feet all the time? Which brings me to the joke: if you butter a piece of bread and strap it to a cats back (butter side up) and drop the cat from a short distance, would the cat land on its feet or would the bread land butter side down?? Anywho, I'm not going to test that theory. The new kitten (our rescue), who by the way is getting HUGE, has been chasing a fly that we have had in here for a few days. He leaps straight up in the air and it is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time. He'll be laying down and it is just like he is laying on springs, straight up he goes. Oh, and he hasn't caught the fly yet.
3. Watching Jeff Dunham and Guitar Guy makes me laugh. It could be the worse day and watching a couple of their skits with Achmed just do it for me, before long I'm laughing. I know some don't like him and have protested his shows, but I have seen much worse. Even Em likes some of the stuff. She walks around here saying "fa-fa." She got that from one of his skits with Peanut, where Peanut calls Jeff "Jef-fa-fa."
4. Being able to get outside this week and enjoy the fresh air. It was wonderful, and finally seeing a robin for the first time this year.
5. Which leads me to this one. Because we got outside, picked up some of the stuff in the yard, chased Em all over the place, I was able to get a good night sleep that night. Normally I am up a 1/2 dozen times and I can't remember the last time I was able to sleep for more then 4 hours straight. That night though, I slept straight through, only waking up at about 6 a.m., just enough to turn over and go back to sleep for another hour.
So, how was your week??