Thursday, March 18, 2010

A picky eater

What do you do if you have a picky eater in your household??

I try to introduce as much variety into Em's diet as I can. I want her to eat healthy, but I also admit every now and again she ends up with a cookie at 10 a.m. (does that make me a bad mom??).

She seems to love many types of foods including, but not limited to: vegetables (tomato, lettuce, etc), fruits (apples, cantaloupe, watermelon, oranges) and pasta. Give her a dish of macaroni with some grated cheese on it and she is one happy camper. But at night, she seems to only want to take a bite or two of dinner and then she is done.

As for meat she doesn't like much. She'll eat some of a hotdog. Yes, I know hotdogs are not meat, but she likes them so I cook them every couple of weeks.

Her main thing is she likes to drink (no not the hard stuff, don't have to lock the liquor cabinet, lol) juice. She seems to me to be always thirsty. We rotate it between juice, milk, water. Sometimes mixing the juice and water together. Her pediatrician doesn't seem worried about her drinking as much as she does and says that it is common at their age.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I mix the juice and water too!!

A cookie is FINE! It's got butter in it so there's the dairy :-)

Mine is picky too and it is NUTS!!