Thursday, April 29, 2010

Garage Sale Time

So, here, in my end of the country it is garage (yard, rummage) sale time.

I think the weather will start to cooperate. Yes, we just had snow a couple of days ago but it is back up in the 50's now.

I like garage sales. My moms and I use to go to them. Of course, we weren't as dedicated as some as we didn't get up at 5 a.m. to map out our sales and then hit the road. We would just go for a drive, find one, and stop.

We never found the "holy grail" of garage/yard sale items, but it was always fun.

But, now with gas being over $3 a gallon here, maybe it is better to map out a route.

I've been thinking about throwing a garage (yard) sale together this weekend to try and raise a little extra money. The weather is suppose to be decent so it might be a good weekend to do it.

Only problem we are out in the middle of no-where and don't get alot of traffic on our road (unless someone is lost, lol).

The more I think of it though, the more I just might do it. They are just alot of work. Maybe I will give the MIL a call and see if she wants to come over and sit with me and the little one for it. Hubby never wants anything to do with them.

Do you like sales??

What has been your best find??

How about hosting them??

1 comment:

Anne said...

Love garage sales! Love having them, love going to them, love everything about them!!!