Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Feel Good Experiment

It has been one of those weeks.

Okay, it has been a few days. Not really a horrible week.

Maybe it is the heat and humidity that is making everyone cranky. Though I know that some people love this type of weather, there are some that don't.

So, I'm sitting here thinking outloud to myself (and if anyone asks, I swear I was talking to the little one :-) ) what I could do to maybe make other people feel good?

Obviously, I don't have ca$h to throw around or to buy people "things" but there are many other ways to make someone feel good.

To make someone smile.

To make them forget that they are bothered by something.

I have decided that I am going to go on a mission to do something nice for someone, whether it be a stranger, friend or family member for 30 days.

Something and someone different everyday.

Maybe it will be a kind word.

Maybe it will be a smile.

Maybe it will be holding the door open for someone.

Maybe it will be getting something off the top shelf.

Maybe it will be buying someone a cup of coffee.

Maybe it will be a shoulder to lean on.

Maybe it will be just sitting with them.

Not sure which day I will start this on, but it will be coming soon.

I won't blog about this because I don't want any recognition or pats on the back, I just want to make someone smile.

Now my friends, I hope that you are all having a wonderful day.

1 comment:

flmom said...

This is one of the best blog posts I have read in a very long time. I often feel blue about my financial situation in this poor economy, and it seems everyone I'm surrounded by is having no troubles whatsoever. But you have brought to light the perfect way to give from the heart......