Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Slugs & Bugs by Randall Goodgame and Andrew Peterson Review

As most of you know, that read my blog, or know us in real life, know I have a little girl who loves music.  She loves listening to it, dancing to it, and singing to it.  Everything from rock n' roll, to country to children's lullabies.

So, when Megan emailed me about the chance to do a review of the children's music CD Slugs & Bugs & Lullabies I gladly accepted.  


Songs on the CD:
1. Stop.
2. Post Office.
3. Piggy Little Toes.
4. God Made Me.
5. Dreams.
6. Bears.
7. Who's Got The Ball.
8. Up.
9. Tractor Tractor.
10. Chicken Wiggle.
11. Beans.
12. Tiger.
13. The Boy Who Was Bored.
14. You Can Always Come Home.
15. May The Lord Bless And Keep You.
16. Beautiful Girl.
17. My Baby Loves To Dance.
18. Settle In My Child, And Sleep.

The songs were written by Andrew Peterson & Randall Goodgame.  Do their names sound familiar? Well, if you (or your children) are a Veggies Tale fan, the names might be familiar as they have written songs for them.

The new  CD will be released to the public on October 25, 2011 and is called Slugs & Bugs Under Where?





If you would like some more information about it or to order your own copy (they have digital available as well) you can just head on over here.  They also have a facebook page that I do recommend that you go and check out and "like" them.

Randall Goodgame is continuously on tour and you can go to the Slugs & Bugs site to find out where he will be appearing next. Also, they do have a youtube channel if you want to catch them out "live" via youtube.

My take/opinion:

Loved it.  The little one loved it.  Yes, you can tell from a few of the titles that the songs deal with the Lord or God, but it isn't "shove it down your throat" type of music.  These songs are fun and believe me when I tell you that they are catchy.  You will get them in your head and won't be able to get them out.  I've tried.  But I find myself humming them much later after the CD player has been turned off.  Plus, really, can you forget that name?

My favorite song on the CD is Dreams. 

The little one loved Tractor Tractor and Chicken Wiggle, well she loved all the songs and started dancing immediately as soon as I put the CD in.  You just can't help but to tap your toe to this songs as they are playing.

You can also head on over to the Slugs & Blugs blog and find out information with tours and see some concert footage.

Trust me when I tell you that you and your kids are going to love this CD.

Disclaimer:

I received no compensation for my review.  All opinions expressed within are my own.  However, I did receive a copy of Slugs & Bugs & Lullabies, free of charge so that I could do a proper product review.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Megan for contacting me about doing this CD review, and my thanks also go out to Andrew Peterson & Randall Goodgame and the entire team.

No comments: