Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Homeschooling Thoughts . . .

As a few of you know, we decided (or maybe it was I that decided) to homeschool the little one. Not because I think the schools in the area are the worst, I just know in my head and in my heart that I can do so much better for her. Why should she sit in a classroom for 7+ hours a day with 1 teacher (overworked) and 30 (probably more by the time she would be there) kids and try to learn? Why would we stifle her learning like that? The world will be her teacher. There is so much out there for her to learn. To experience.  To have fun with.

The one main issue on what I have had so far (or wall that I have hit) is which way to go with the homeschooling?  Just when I think that I have my mind made up on some sort of curriculum, another one catches my eye and I like what I read.  I know I do want it to focus around literature, as she already has a love for books it seems and I want to expand on that.  What I do see myself doing is borrowing from many different styles of teaching and finding what works best for us.

Anyone else do that? What works best for you and your family? I am always looking for new ideas.  How about supplies? What have you stocked up on or are looking to find?

Would love to hear some of your ideas.

Have a wonderful day, my friends.






No comments: