Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Soap Nuts Liquid Laundry Detergent Review




Disclaimer: I received a product, free of charge, for my honest review, however, all opinions expressed are my own.

I was given the opportunity to do a product review for Soap Nuts from Green Virgin Products.  I have to admit they my opinion beforehand was "organic laundry soap? yeah, lets see how well this works."  





What are Soap Nuts? Glad you asked:

They come from the fruit of the Chinese Soap Berry Tree and are dried in the hot sun.  They don't use any toxic chemicals, but has the same cleaning abilities as the soaps that do. They are hypoallergenic, so if you have issues with other laundry soap detergents, you should be okay with this one and Soap Nuts Liquid is a green product, thus creating no pollution for our awesome planet. 

Soap Nuts are USDA Certified Organic.

The bottle that I was sent is good for 120 HE washes, which is two squirts (pumps) per load. I don't have an HE washer so, as instructed, I used three squirts for the load of laundry. You can also get the Soap Nuts Liquid with Pre-Spotter for an extra $6.85.

Because this product is made with the extract of a fruit, it has a very short life span, only a couple of weeks, so a couple of preservatives had to be added to make it last longer. With these two preservatives (which are almost completely non-toxic) it gives the product a shelf life of about two years. Hypoallergenic and negative carbon footprint.

Our opinion?

Soap Nuts Liquid is very easy to use. Super easy. Two squirts or three squirts the choice is yours. Non messy. It squirts out the right amount of liquid each time.

My one issue is that when I look inside the washer, I like to see suds/soap. I like to know that the product is working or appears to be working. With Soap Nuts Liquid, I saw no suds.



As for the final conclusion, it did do an okay job on the kiddo's and my clothes. I had small stain/spot on this shirt and as you can see from the close-up pic, it is gone, or at least I can't see it there.




As for my hubby's clothes? It didn't do to well. But he is dirty. He comes home covered in agricultural stuff, like tractor grease and grime. So, it didn't really clean his work shirts or his jeans very well. 


As you can see, he still has a couple spots, they were faded, but I did have to rewash his shirts.

If you are looking for a Organic Laundry Detergent for your HE Washer, I do believe you should check them out. Maybe get the Pre-spotter with it, that would probably help if you have stubborn dirt and grime on your clothes. For normal washing, it did a fine job. Better than what I anticipated, especially when I opened up the lid and saw no suds.

Out of a rating of 1 (worse) to 5 (best) I would definitely give them a 4.  Was a good effort on hubby's clothes, but it fell short by just a tad.

Many thanks to Soap Nuts for allowing us to do this product review.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments: