Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Homeschool Ups & Downs

Have you ever just had one of those days where you think that you can't get through another minute of homeschooling? 

Today, has been one of those days. The main issue was we got up way to early (so someone didn't get enough sleep) and went to a doctor's appointment with my husband. Up and out of the house before 7 a.m. So, we have had a lot of grumpiness going on, both her and I.

I know I have had enough when I start looking at the school webpage, and thinking about what I would do with those 8+ hours she would be sitting in a brick and mortar building.  Then I come back down to reality and realize that I do love homeschooling. I love the opportunities it brings us. How we aren't tied in one place and how her learning comes from many different aspects of our lives. How every trip out of the house is a learning experience, for both her and I. 

She loves it.

I love it.

Have a I mentioned that we are both stubborn? Yeah, she gets that from me. Makes for some testy days.

Today, we took a break and worked on her bedroom, had some lunch, and now she is happily working on her phonics book.

Wouldn't trade it for the world. 

No comments: