Tuesday, March 4, 2014

K9 Advantix II Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.


Our pup was a rescue when we got him and was just LOADED WITH FLEAS.  After many many baths and combings we thought we had started to get it under control, that is, until I started to get "bit up" my those hopping little pests. They are truly ankle biters because that is where they always bit me

So we were happy when we found out that we were going to get to do a product review for the K9 Advantix II from EntirelyPets



Oh and this is our "beast" you may recognize him from a previous product review and a giveaway we did for EntirelyPets.

Again, he was loaded with fleas when we went and got him. I didn't realize how bad it was until I had him outside and we were rubbing his belly. Poor pup.

It has been about a month since we used the first application on him and I have only found one flea in that time. It could be that it is winter time and most of them have died off, but I do believe that this product is working the way it should.

I can't wait to really test it out when the spring time gets here. That is when the fleas get bad. Oh and the ticks. He had a big tick on him last year and must have brought one in the house because I ended up with one as well and had to go through a strong dose of antibiotics that really put a hurting on me. 

It was easy to apply. Just put drops from the base of the head to the base of the tail, by spreading out their fur and getting it on the skin. My boy is short haired, so not sure how easy it would be to apply to a long haired pup.

The box I was sent was a 4-month supply, so we should be able to get through the spring with it and into the summertime. You can find this product on the EntirelyPets website for a price of $65, but they do have a March Madness sale going on right now so you can get the product and many other pet products at a discounted price.  They use flat-rate shipping and offer free shipping if your total is $85 or more.

Also: Please and there is a warning on the box, keep it away from both your other animals (like cats) and your children. The box is also colored coded for the weight of your pup, make sure that you get the right product for your doggie. 

Final conclusion: As of right now, I give the product an A+ for effectiveness and ease of apply it to my pup. The real test of it will come when the weather gets warmer and the fleas and the ticks come out to play after a long winters nap.

Disclaimer: I received absolutely no monetary compensation for this posting. However, I did receive a product, free of charge so that I could do a proper product review.   Many thanks to EntirelyPets for allowing our blog to participate in this promotion as well as the Kong Dog Toy one.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments: